Monday, March 28, 2011

Epiphany(Perception vs Reality)

So I was sitting up last night around 3am eating a bowl of Frosted Flakes when I had a revelation lol. Well I wouldn't say it was that deep but It was something that made me think about perception vs reality. And the reality is that with 1st impressions, perception is reality. I recently released a new song online featuring my long time friend and rhyme colleague Lava titled "Ignorant Sh*t". Granted the song isn't 100% squeaky clean, but it's nothing at all close to what the title would make you perceive it to be. Actually if you listen to Lava's verse, clearly the song is the total opposite of "Ignorant Sh*t", as he cruises through the beat with hard hitting but intelligently articulated metaphors. And while the song has been getting great reviews , I didn't want to minimize its potential, because if you judge the song just off the title you probably wouldn't even give it a listen. So I started to the think, the last thing you would want to do as a new artist is to lose a potential listener even before they had a chance to listen to your music. It doesn't matter how great a song is if no one hears it. With that said, I've decided to re-name the song as "You're Not Welcome". The title stems from my original intentions of the song. To show the competition that You're not Welcome and you don't belong here. Not because I think I'm better but because you're not willing to put in the time and dedication to restore the feeling of why I fell in love with music. And that's our difference... I Am. You're not Welcome, lol unless you can put together words effortlessly like Lav or unless you're willing to put your life on the line for the music like Broadway Blake( don't mind me for speaking of my self in 3rd person right there, I had to plug my name somewhere in here lol). But yeah, that's the revelation I had at 3am last night eating cereal. Don't judge me. lol

Broadway Blake - "I Just Wanna Be Ya Favorite Rapper"

Here's The New Link To Download "You're Not Welcome"
Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment