Thursday, October 24, 2013

Broadway Blake - I Need A Beat

Day 24 Leak 24 - Since it's Throwback Thursday I wanted to post something that many of my day 1 supporters say is their favorite Broadway Blake song. And honestly it's one of my favorite songs personally. What's interesting about it is it has no beat...no music...it's just vocals....Just me, my voice, my lyrics, my hunger and frustration...and me venting. My supporters always felt I was putting out dope music and dope projects but they were frustrated that most of it was over industry instrumentals. At that time that's pretty much all I had access to. So I would just hop on these beats just to showcase my talent of mainstream production. But after a while everyone wanted me to have my OWN records. I couldn't get the production I was looking for at the time from the local producers and no labels were knocking at my door to help even though I felt like I was putting in the work to get a few looks....so I did what any other artist would do... I wrote a song about it....but with no beat...no influence of a "sound" or melody...just me. This used to be my favorite song to perform because not only did the casual listener get tuned into the story but other artist could relate to it...Oh my fault...too much talking again...lol... check the piece out (oh an it's kinda funny that even now when I have unlimited access to original production from producers I've built great relationships with I still love to do my remix thing lol)... #TheMonthOfBroadway continues 31 Days 31 Leaks

No comments:

Post a Comment