Monday, December 22, 2014

Happy Holidays / My Apologies

Over the past few weeks, I've started to realize I haven't took my dream and career as serious as I should. You're supposed to protect your dreams and put nothing before it...let nothing take you away from it. Part of maturing is acknowledging your own bullsh*tting an I can't ever complain about not being further in my career, because deep down I know I haven't did enough. When you have a studio session, always show up early...don't be late unless it's out of your control. When you're suppose to email someone, don't waste time ...do it as soon you can....Got a show?...show up and perform your best and be professional. An if you wanna turn up after that then do it...but not before your job is done. These are just some of the things I'm guilty of doing in the past..not often but the few times it did happen could've been a day that lead to bigger opportunities. You can't waste people time because they can't get that back. I can't make any promises but I can guarantee you will see a deeper focus from me because that's what I owe you...that's what I owe myself...that's what I owe to my dream an anyone who has ever supported what I was trying to do. This isn't some type of New Years Resolution, it's more of Pre New Years Epiphany. An it all clicked with me a few days after a party where I saw some of my music peers who I was once on the grind with for the first time in a long time...I'm talking about rappers, singers, djs, promoters..etc that have all built a solid reputable name for themselves over the years...and they all showed loved and wanted to know what I had coming up and what I've been up to. An even if they were "hollywooding" me, it felt genuine, it felt real, and since I've been pretty much "out the loop" the last few years it showed me 2 things... (1) If I just do my part, the support to take what we're trying to build to the next level will be there...and (2) If you show love you get love...the energy you put out in the world is what you get back. An I can only hope to take a step forward each day...I know I'll make some mistakes but as long as I learn from it and not make the same mistakes over an over, that's cool...This is kinda like a restart for me and this is really just an apology to you...because I feel like I've cheated you..but if you're still rooting for me, I'm gonna try my hardest to make it up...ask anybody that's close to me...they know how bad I wanna win...they know how frustrated I get when I say I should be mentioned with Cole,Kendrick,Drake,Wale, Meek etc..An I usually say it as a joke but I be so serious lol...but I know I haven't did enough, so I can't justify my frustration...an I haven't tried hard enough and that isn't fair to you especially if you been here from day 1... A new start for me is being honest with my self...and being brutally honest with you and that's pretty much what this post was for....My mentor use to tell me all the time, stop trying to cover up your f*ck ups...publicly lose face to those people who support you and count on you and let them know when you've been bullsh*tting them... So once again this is my public apology...Something that I probably didn't need to do because you probably didn't even know these thoughts were in my head...but something I felt like I had to do so I could hold myself accountable. Of course I make music for myself, but most importantly I make it because it connects with people, and the minute you stop listening is probably the day I'll stop feeling inspired to create. So I think it's important for me to raise my own expectations to you...Ok, now I think I'm starting to ramble...lol..it's 12:30 am on the east coast, Sunday Night before Christmas...I'm at the kitchen table in the corner of the kitchen that me and my homey call the office lol... I gotta get up in the morning to get ready for a job that I don't wanna go to but I'm appreciative of having because the Day Job gotta pay for the Dream Job until the Dream Job pays for itself, an I'm thinking of ways of how I wanna present my next project Broadway Empire 2. Plus me and my boy Craftbeatz emailing each other ideas on how to revamp my website, I'm going over plans with the LiFECREW members on how to expand our movement, my Aunt is in town for the holidays an all I'm waiting for is her famous Baked Ziti lol....blah blah blah.. Yeah I guess I was a lil in my feelings while writing this. Maybe by the fact that I usually go through one of these mental phases where I have to get my thoughts out. I could've did it on a song, but that's the easy way out. Lol...people don't read anymore..we need to read lol. Ok...really done this time... Broadway Empire 2 on the way...Make sure you listen to Broadway Empire 1 so you can let me know if you hear any growth in my music, not just as a rapper but as a overall artist. As long as you give me your ear, I'll try to earn your heart #NotAResolution #JustAEpiphany #Dreams #HappyNewYears #HappyHolidays #Music #HipHop #Broadway

Broadway Blake - "I Just Wanna Be Ya Favorite Rapper"

No comments:

Post a Comment