Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Kanye Rant

Every day I wake up thinking what do I have to do. What do I have to do to make this music pop. What do I have to do to get some recognition from "The Tastemakers".. Mixtapes?....did that...pay for play showcases?...did those...a lot of em...Open Mics?....yup did a bunch of those......Oh wait...they said I need original music. Ok ..dropped a album that should've got 5 mics. It's called Broadway Empire(http://broadwayblake.bandcamp.com/) ... Any media coverage?...nope...I forgot you gotta pay for a publicist to handle that. An I forgot you gotta have 20,000 followers on Twitter(@Broadwayblake), 30,000 likes on facebook (www.facebook.com/broadwayblake), 7 million views on Youtube(youtube.com/teambroadway), etc. Well I don't have all that...All I brought with me is the music and my story.  An I'm not saying I need any type of validation from the media or the industry but I should be mentioned somewhere in these conversations of the "Next Artist to Watch". Google it...check the catalog... This past October I released 31 Songs in 31 Days as a part of #TheMonthOfBroadway series....THIRTY ONE SONGS IN THIRTY ONE DAYS....did I get a Complex write up...A Rap Radar post....XXL ...Breakfast Club Interview... Hot 97.....anything...HELL NO....an it wasn't a bunch of nonsense records....Original joints "Big Sent Me, Pac Sent Me"(http://hu.lk/jrit6hfj9hj4) , Remix Joints "Lorde Royals"(http://hu.lk/go8r00g8rcao) , Freestyles "Control"(http://hu.lk/lzib3nd4mark) , "Feeling Like Carmelo"(http://hu.lk/mc6d37h037cw) ...etc...but nothing. .and that's no disrespect to my supporters who show me love daily about what I've been quietly building. Your loyalty and support is appreciated. But damn what's a rapper gotta do to get a lil love.

Broadway Blake

2 comments:

  1. Totally feeling you on this bro its been that way with me for years. The new cats coming up now don't know about the grind or what it takes its either handed to them on a platter or they got the dough to pay for the likes the follows the views. They have marketing teams now that pay little kids or teens to sit at a computer all day and just click like, follow, or view videos all day. Its all garbage those likes and whatever are all fake. What u have now is genuine love you that dude always been. Just takes the real ones more time to get there but in my book and i know it don't matter but you been there bro its all perception from within. Bless you My Dude Keep It Real like u always have Peace P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate that P...You always showed loved from day 1....Sometimes it gets a lil frustrating when you put in work year after year an it seems like it goes unnoticed by "The Gatekeepers" ...but I get it...It might take a lil longer to crack the code...but it will get cracked lol.

    ReplyDelete